28 Days of] Heat
- 58M Americans are Overweight
- 40M Americans are Obese
- 3M Americans are Morbidly Obese
- 78% of Americans are not meeting the minimum recommendations for activity [and] 25% are COMPLETELY sedentary
- 70% of Heart Disease related to Heart Disease is PREVENTABLE
- Heart Disease costs the Healthcare system $6.99M every year
- Work Days Lost Cost $39.3M
By [and] LARGE, Americans are FAT by CHOICE despite the FACT that we are inundated with information about the importance of exercise in not only maintaining a healthy weight, but also in preventing multiple chronic, and ultimately, life-threatening conditions, like heart disease.
TWENY-FIVE PER CENT ARE COMPLETELY SEDENTARY: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Talk about bringing knew meaning to the phrase FAT by CHOICE.
On the off chance that you are not aware of the current recommendations for a heart healthy exercise regimen, here it is
- 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity: a brisk walk, jogging, swimming, or biking
Increase you success by doing the following:
- Use the buddy system [and] don’t go it alone
- Look into programs offered by your local YMCA
- Track your exercise
- Weigh in no more than once a week [and] record it*
- Check your blood pressure before starting to exercise [and] periodically across time; it should decrease if you are truly following the exercise and dietary guidelines
- ALWAYS consult with your physician BEFORE starting a new exercise regimen
*Remember that exercise alone will not yield weight loss; exercise must be paired with a heart healthy diet in order to translate into reducing your risk for heart disease.
Cancer survivor, this content is applicable to you too, so do NOT ignore the role of exercise [and] diet as you live out your cure. For more Information specific to you, CLICK <<HERE>>.
Bottom Line: If you don’t take care of your Body, where are you going to live? I would submit to you that a decision not to care for your body may well cost you your heart, your LIFE.
Now, GO make a CHOICE in favor of your HEART!Tweet